Making a bow with ribbon is a lot easier than it looks. This is also one of the perfect toppers for gifts and also a lovely addition to your space day décor. You can simply tie any type of ribbon and fabric or even make the bows out of paper.
From simple bows to more elaborate with wired ribbons, you will have a lot of options. If you want to make your DIY crafts more cost-effective then it is ideal to find a wholesale wedding and craft supplies supplier for buying tulle, ribbons, chair covers, tablecloths, deco mesh, and many others. Below, I’m going to share some amazing tips for making different types of bows.
- Pew Bows with Flowers
Pew bows will help you to add color and style to your wedding ceremony. You can easily make this bow using wired ribbons. Wired ribbon is perfect for this bow because it will let you create a gorgeous, voluminous decoration without a lot of complicated tying. Before making this bow, you will require to count the number of pews at your wedding venue to plan for the materials that you will need for making this bow.
Supplies You Will Need:
- 2 1/2 yards six-inch-wide, wired organza ribbon
- One rose or other large bloom
- Baby's breath or other filler flowers or greenery
- Floral tape and wire
- Measuring tape
- First, visit the venue for determining how you will attach the bows. There are many pews that have a place to loop the ribbon. So, start by measuring the place where you will be looping the ribbon to know the exact size of the loop.
- Then cut the rose’s stem about six inches long and arrange the baby’s wreath behind it. After this, trim the stem to match and use floral tape for wrapping the stem together.
- After completing this process successfully, fold the ribbon in half and make a loop larger than you will need for attaching it to the pew. Tie a simple knot and spread the ribbon ends apart at the knot.
- Then place the flowers at the knot and use floral wire to tightly attaching them to the knot.
- Now, fold one end of the ribbon for making a big loop and wrap the other end around it and tie a simple bow over the flowers.
- At last, cut the extra ribbon ends at an angle for providing a finished look.
- Chair Bow for Wedding
Making chair bows is one of the best ideas to add color and beauty to your reception. For making this you can choose organza or tulle ribbon on your wedding colors.
Materials You Will Need:
- Four yards six-inch-wide tulle or organza ribbon
- 12-inch piece of wire
- Start by cutting your ribbon into two two-yard pieces. After that, loop one end around the chair with the ends at the back and tie the ends together to wrap your chair snuggly.
- Now, start from the end of the other piece of ribbon and pinch them between your finger for making a loop with a long tail.
- Make another similar-sized loop on the other side and pinch to hold it in place.
- After that create another same-sized loop on each side and wrap the wire around the place where you want to pinch for holding the loops in place.
- Now, use the wire ends for attaching the bow to the ribbon and tuck the ends out of sight.
Other Ways to Use and Make Bows
You can also make a basic bow using any type of ribbon. There are many places to use bows in your wedding decoration.
- Champagne and Wine Glasses
You can decorate glass stem with bows to add a special touch to bride and grooms’ glasses. Simple wrap the stem in a piece of clear, double-sided tape and then wrap the ribbon around the tape and make a basic bow.
- Wedding Favors
Wedding favors are one of the great ways to thank your guests for coming and boxed favor look pretty with a nice bow. So, you can make different types of girt bows to give a custom look at your wedding favors.
Making wedding bows provides you several creative choices for your ceremony, as well as the reception. By choosing ribbon and sheer fabric in your favorite colors, you can offer a beautiful, thematic look for your event that you and your guests will remember forever. You can find an online fabric store for buying ribbons, fabrics, chair covers, tablecloths, favor bags, and many others.