Burlap is one of the most popular craft materials that offer a wide range of craft possibilities. If you want to include a little bit of rustic to your home or you love the look of burlap, there are so many things that you can make.
From garlands to wreaths, there are endless craft possibilities with this natural fabric. It is ideal to find a wholesale ribbon and craft product supplier for purchasing tulle fabric, burlap ribbon, deco mesh, table runner, chair cover, rhinestones, organza favor bag, and many others at reasonable prices. Below, I’m going to share step-by-step guides to make some outstanding DIY crafts with burlap.
- Burlap Garland
What You Will Need:
- Poster lights
- 3 rolls plain jute ribbon
- 1 roll black jute ribbon
- Silver detail ribbon
- Silver glitter
- Gold glitter
- Hot glue gun
- Adhesive spray
- Plastic cup
- First, you need to create a sewing needle by taping the twitch of the silver ribbon to a toothpick. Start lacing the toothpick over the plain jute ribbon in a zig-zag design and space the sews about two inches away from each other. You should continue this process through all three rolls of burlap ribbon.
- On the black jute ribbon, take the mid-stitch strand and start to pull. This will close the ribbon and create a ruffle pattern across the entire roll.
- After that, you need to wrap the ruffled burlap around the plain burlap garland. Attach them to one another with glue or silver ribbon on either end of the garland.
- In this step, start to attach poster light around the garland by cautiously gluing the light into place.
- Now, take gold glitter and silver glitter in equal amounts and mix them. After that, spray adhesive onto the pine cones and then cover them in the glitter mix and let them dry completely.
- At last, glue the pine cones into the garland.
- Burlap Bows
- Wired jute ribbon
How to Make:
- Start by cutting four 20-inches strips and then staple the ends together for creating a circle for all four pieces. With the opening in the center, you should pinch the bow in a zig-zag shape and secure it with twine. Trim the twine and repeat this process for making four bows.
- After that, tie three of the bows together with string. Lay your fourth bow on the topmost center, and tie all bows together with string.
- Now, cut a 9-inch strip and wrap it around the middle. You need to use twine for tying ends together by feeding them through the small hole on each end. Fold the side together for creating a narrow strip down the center of your bow.
- In this step, begin to cut a 24-inch strip and fold it diagonally. And then, clinch the center together and secure it with twine and trim. You should tie it to the back of the bow.
- At last, cut the ends diagonally to get a finished look. You can use these bows for wreaths, garlands, or tree toppers.
These are some DIY crafts that you can make using burlap. You can find a reliable wedding and craft product supplier for purchasing tulle fabric, satin ribbon, burlap ribbon, deco mesh, chair cover, tablecloth, and many others.