It is no surprise that kids love homemade toys and creating DIY rings with them can result in extra fun, encourage communication, and strengthen bonds. My children are very fond of music and dance, that’s why I knew they would love to play with dancing ribbon rings and wands.
I knew right from the beginning that my kids (daughter & son) would love to create handmade ribbon rings for enhanced visual appeal and fill joy into their life. I feel it’s a brilliant DIY craft idea that is simple to make and doesn’t require much effort. You can also invite a few friends over to give party favors on occasions like Easter, birthday bash, or whatever the celebration.
As my kids really adore colorful craft projects, I was inspired to make DIY ribbon rings and gathered all the supplies to bring a big smile to their faces. Want to know how I did it? Let’s get started with a tutorial of DIY ribbon rings to craft a fascinating toy for your child.
1. Dancing Ribbon Rings
Ribbon rings are an incredibly fun homemade toy for kids that promote movements as well as music. It can also be used as great party favors and gifts at special events. Here’s how you can craft it at home:
- Wooden Ring (at least 3-inch size)
- Ribbons in a variety of colors
Steps to Follow:
- Take a premium-grade ribbon and cut it into 36-inch strips. I used 7 different colors of ribbons, each roughly measures 36 inches. However, you can select any color you’d prefer.
- Now tie the ribbon onto the wooden ring. First, pull one ribbon through the ring and stop when it reaches halfway. Tie it twice and you will have an 18-inch ribbonhanging around the ring. Do the same for the remaining ribbons.
- It’s time to secure your ribbons properly and seal their ends for a decorative element. And your very own dancing ribbon rings are ready!
2. Ribbon Rainbow Rings
Nothing is more fun than spending quality time with your kids and craft a DIY project with them. Isn’t it? Here’s an easy way to create your colorful ribbon rings:
- Plastic shower curtain rings
- Ribbons (approx. 5/8 inches)
Steps to Follow:
- Cut vibrant-colored ribbons in three lengths - 3 feet, 2 feet, and 6 inches. (I picked satin ribbons in 7 rainbow colors – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet).
- Tie a knot at the top before you start to wrap ribbons around so they don’t fall apart. Then, wrap them onto your curtain ring.
- After covering the ring, hang the rest of the ribbon and trim the ends to make it look fine. Now you can see your kids’ dance, twirl, and play with these adorable rainbow ribbon rings.
3. Pink Dancing Rings
Every kid really enjoys ribbon rings for movement and leisure activities. I would love to show you how to make these interesting dancing ribbons at home. Here you go!
Craft Supplies Required:
- Any kind of ring
- Jingle Bells
Steps to Follow:
- Take a pink-colored grosgrain ribbonand cut them into strips. Be sure to measure the strips equally, simply mark them with a pen and cut them with scissors.
- Attach the ribbons to a ring or bracelet. Simply, stick your hand through the loop, grab the other end, and pull it through the ring.
- You can take your kid’s help to add 4-5 ribbons to each ring. If you have more supplies and you’re really enjoying it, you can consider adding more.
- Make the ends uniform for a decorative touch.
- You can also add curling ribbon or glitters over the ring as well as jingle bells for a fun addition.
If you don’t have a ring, you can use two paper plates and give them a ring-like shape. You can staple the craft materials around the paper plates and complete your DIY by decorating it with kid-friendly stickers.
Great Ideas for Using these DIY Dancing Ribbons
I am glad that all the three DIYs turned out to be pretty amazing and most importantly, my kids and their friends have fallen in love with all of them. I have created these rings to use them in several unique ways. Here a few ideas to use handmade ribbon rings:
- Ideal for a special birthday celebration
- Create letters, shapes, and numbers in the air for more fun
- Add them to your entertainment activity in any event or everyday life
- Plan a parade featuring dancing ribbons
- Perfect for a dance party, Easter, Christmas soiree, or whatever the occasion
- Used as party favors and gifts at all gatherings
Hopefully, you loved my idea of crafting dancing ribbons at home. I am quite sure you can think of something more innovative and create enjoyable DIY crafts with your kids.