Ribbons are a great way to get a colorful chain or string on some neutral beads. From necklace to pendants to earrings, you will all the patterns for making jewelry with a ribbon you need. You will also able to make your own choice of jewelry for matching your dress.
If you are interested in ribbon crafts, then you will absolutely like making ribbon jewelry. It is ideal to find one of the best wedding and craft product suppliers for purchasing tulle fabric, satin ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, chair cover, tablecloth, organza favor bag, silk flower petal, and many others. Below, I’m going to share some easy steps for making different types of ribbon jewelry.
- Ribbon Necklace
What You Need:
- Wire thread
- 3/4 inch wove metallic ribbon
- Jump rings
- Optional chain
What to Do:
- Start by threading your needle with a piece of wire that is the desired length of your necklace.
- After that, wrap the excess end around the wire, leaving a little loop at the top.
- Now, begin to tie the other end of the wire to a jump ring and start folding your ribbon accordion-style onto the needle.
- You should start with smaller folds, as you move near the middle, make the folds larger, then slighter again towards the other end.
- You need to use both spools of ribbon to add a third for a longer necklace.
- At last, add jump rings onto the wire loop and add clasp with jewelry pliers. You can also add a piece of chain to the jump rings for making the necklace longer.
- Ribbon Pendants
Materials Required for Making Ribbon Pendant:
- Cross chains
- Pearl beads
- Jump rings
- Silver color iron eye pins
- Silver clasps
- Yellow, green, and blue grosgrain ribbon
- Bead caps
- Stary by cutting off several pieces of green ribbon and fold it along the diagonal line. Again, fold your ribbon and glue the ends with a glue gun as a petal. You need to repeat this process for making other such ribbon petals.
- After making green petals, begin to make several other colors ribbon petals. Cut various square pieces of yellow and blue ribbon and fold them along the diagonal line. Fold them and put the blue ribbon inside the yellow ribbon and then glue the ends for making a petal.
- Now cut off a leaf shape strip of green ribbon and glue the second green petal aside the yellow pattern. After that, glue the green ribbon patterns to the hair clip and an eye pin to the ribbon pattern. And then add a brass bead cap to the eye pin for making a loop at the end of the eye pin.
- In the end, glue the petals to the outer ribbon patterns and add a chin through the loop of the ribbon pendant. Also, add a clawed lobster to the end and a jump ring to the other end of the ribbon for connecting them.
- Ribbon Flower Earrings
Supplies You Will Need:
- 26cm and 6cm wide deep pink grosgrain ribbon
- Iron earring hooks
- Iron jump rings
- Flat nose pliers
- Glue gun
How to Make:
- First, take a piece of 26cm wide deep pink grosgrain ribbon with the proper length. And then roll the ribbon with the flat nose pliers.
- Continue to roll the ribbon and then you can get a beautiful pattern. After that, glue the ribbon tightly at the end of the ribbon.
- Now, take out a piece of 6cm wide deep pink grosgrain ribbon and fold them in half and glue it on the back of the rose flower.
- At last, attach the earring hooks onto the ribbon with a jump ring and make another same earring following the same steps.
These are some beautiful DIY ribbon jewelry that you can make at hour home. You can find an online wedding and craft product supplier for buying organza fabric, tulle, fabric ribbon, deco mesh, chair cover, tablecloth, and many others.