3 Unique Ways to Make Gorgeous Gift Baskets for All Occasions
Gift baskets can be great grants for nearly any occasion, but buying the ready-made assortment for all your loved one’s special celebrations can get expensive. But by making your own gift basket, you can engrave the contents to the receiver though concurrently saving a little bit of money.
For making your own gift basket, you will only need to follow some basic techniques for each basket, as well as change the contents based on your chosen theme. It is ideal to find a reliable wholesale fabric supplier for buying tulle fabric, organza fabric, mesh ribbon, lace, chair cover, tablecloth, napkin, and many others. Below, I’m going to share some unique ways to make your own gift basket.
- Easy and Pretty Felt Basket
Supplies You Will Need:
- Hole punch tool
- Tailors’ chalk
- Ribbon flower ornaments
Start by cutting a piece of the felt circle. And the diameter of the circle depends on your desired size for the basket.
In this step, begin to mark down a line about 8cm away from the edge of the circle. And then mark down the same lines every 5cm along the edge of the circle up until they are consistently circulated on the circle. You will need to use scissors for cutting the lines.
Now, punch two holes on both sides of the cut pieces. And thread the cord through the holes and at the end attach a pretty ribbon bow.
Use glue for attaching the ribbon flowers on the side of the basket.
- Yarn Woven Heart Shaped Gift Basket
It is very easy to make and you will not need sophisticated skills and materials for this DIY craft. Once you finish weaving your gift basket, decorate it with shining beads and other ornaments for making it look gorgeous.
Supplies You Will Need:
- Heart-Shaped Cardboard
- Toothpicks or wood skewers
- Felt (to be put inside the basket)
- Yarn needle
- Rhinestones and other ornaments
How to Do:
- Begin by cutting the cardboard heart-shaped template.
- After that place the toothpicks or wooden skewers all around the edge of the pattern.
- Now, tie the beginning of the yarn on one toothpick and begin weaving.
- After finishing weaving, attach rhinestones and other ornaments to it for decoration.
- At last, place a piece of heart-shaped felt inside the basket and your pretty gift basket is ready.
- Round-Shaped Gift Basket
What You Need:
- A round basket
- Various sized treats
- Filler grass
- Foal bowls
- Embellishments: decorative carrots, bows, and ribbons
- Dash sheets
- For making this gift basket, you will first need to build a solid base. Make the center of the basket with foam bowls and dash sheets. You can use 2 foam bowls stacked on top for building up height.
- After that add another dash sheet to the top and around the side of the bowl for sticking your filler grass and scatter it around your basket. It will make your basket looks full.
- Now, fill your basket with gifts that you want to give to your loved one, but remember, try to keep the things on display 1 ½ times taller than the container.
- After that, spin your basket around to make sure it is presentable from all angles. And attach a big ribbon bow for completing the look of your basket.
- Now, its’s time to wrap your gift basket. And for this, cut a large piece of cellophane from a roll and wrap it around the basket. Once all wrapped up, you will have an outstanding present for your family and friends.
These are some different types of gift baskets that you can easily make in the comfort of your home. You can find one of the prominent wedding and craft product suppliers for buying ribbon, fabric, chair cover, tablecloth, favor bag, rhinestone, and many others at discounted prices.