When it comes to arts and crafts, you may have a lot of supplies, such as ribbons, fabrics, yarns, and many others. You can use these supplies to make a beautiful home décor product, like wall hanging, to add a pleasing appearance to your boring wall.
This is also one of the great ways to display your hidden crafter and artwork, which utilizes a wide range of colors and materials. This is also an easy and fast project to make. Below, I’m going to share a step-to-step guide for making a beautiful ribbon wall hanging that will instantly enhance the look of your home and office.
· Denim and Ribbon Wall Hanging
Materials That You Will Need for Ribbon Wall Hanging:
- Glue Gun
- Wood beads
- Pearl beads
- Lace ribbon
- Silk ribbon
- Jeans material (denim)
- Silver twisted yarn
- Crème and light rose yarn
- Pompom ribbon
How to Make It:
- For making your denim and ribbon wall hanging, begin with a branch and one color of silk ribbon. First, cut your branches to be about 6 to 8 inches long and also cut silk ribbon twice as long as your branch.
- After that, tie each end of your length of ribbon around one end of the branch for making a tight knot.
- You need to make sure both knots are on the same side. It will be the back of your hanging.
- Then cut four strips of jeans material that should be around half an inch wide and twice the length of the branch. You can also keep it longer if you want and set one strip aside for later.
- Start by folding one strip of denim in half and thread the loop end of the material under the branch.
- After that take the loose ends of denim strips and feed them through the loop end of the denim strip. Start to slide your denim until you have it in the middle of the branch. And make tighter the loop around the denim by pulling on the loose-fitting ends.
- Repeat this process with the other two strips of denim. And place one strip of denim close to where the ribbon is tied on each end of the branch.
- Now, cut two lengths of one color of silk ribbon, as the same length as denim. And fold them in half. Then feed the one length under your branch, like your denim. Place ribbon close to, but not right against, the center strip of denim. Now, feed the other end of the ribbon through the loop and tighten it down. Repeat the method, using the other piece of ribbon on the contrary side of the central denim strip.
- Now, cut two pieces of another color of silk ribbons like the previous one. And fold them in half.
- Between the central denim strip and the first color of silk ribbon, feed your other silk ribbon loops under the branch for attaching as before.
- Then cut 4 lengths of one color of yarn as the same length as all other strands. Fold them in half and feed the loop end under the branch. Attach two of them between the ribbons and the outside strand of denim on each side of the branch.
- After adding them, make sure your yarn is in the right position and tighten too.
- Now, cut two other colors of yarn in a similar length and attach them to the branch in the same manner. Place them directly on either side of denim in the center.
- Tie knots in the two sides of the thread on each piece of yarn. At present, take a pearl bead and thread it onto one of the ends of one piece of yarn and push it to the knot you made.
- Repeat this process for adding more pearl beads and wood beads.
- Then cut the length of the pom-pom ribbon 2-3 inches longer than the branch. Using a glue gun, attach them to each end of the branch.
- After this process, take your lace ribbon to make a small bow and place it onto your branch.
- At last, trim the extra ribbon or denim to give a perfect shape to your wall hanging.
By following the above-mentioned instructions, you can make a beautiful wall hanging. You can also choose your favorite colors and craft materials to get a sense of satisfaction and also spice up space in your home and office. You can find a wholesale craft product supplier for buying all your materials like silk ribbons, lace ribbons, fabrics, bows, and many others at reasonable prices.