While machine-produced décor items have quickly carved themselves a place in the mainstream, there is just something about DIY items that have a special place in everyone’s heart. DIY products are generally wacky, personalized, and custom-made exclusively that set them apart from others.
And there are a number of festivals where you can add a little bit of personalization by making DIY décor items. Deco mesh wreaths are one of them that are easily made by using deco mesh ribbon. They add quirky personal touches to your entire décor. Below, I’m going to share some different ways to make beautiful, excellent quality, and festive deco mesh wreaths.
- Sunburst Deco Mesh Wreath
If you are looking for something witchy and bright then the sunburst wreath will be one of the perfect choices for you. For making this craft first you will need to grab some essential craft supplies, including:
- 10-inch orange and black deco mesh
- 10-inch black or orange striped deco mesh
- 12-inch box wire wreath form
- Black chenille stems
- Some wired ribbons
- Three different wired ribbons
- Tinsel witch hat
- First, you will need to prepare your wreath form. You can buy wreath form, but making one of your own will support you place the mesh on the form better. You can easily make a wreath form by simply twisting chenille stems around the edge of your wreath to possess the mesh ribbon from down on the rings. You should make sure to twist the twigs around the two central rings.
- After looping the stems, start to cut your deco mesh. Always remember, you should choose bright yellowish, and vivid colors for your sunburst wreath. Take a roll of 10-inch deco mesh and cut it into a 6-inch-long strip to make 10 pompoms of 9 strips each.
- If you are going to use three different colors for making pompoms then each one would have three strips of different colors. There is no specific rule for compiling the strips in your pompoms. You can make it randomly that will look effortlessly ruffled.
- When you have made all the pompoms, attach them to your wreath form. If you find any gaps, fill them simply by adjusting the décor mesh.
- At last, you will have a very beautiful sunburst deco mesh wreath. You can hang them at your front door, window, and other places where you want to add personalization.
- Multi-Color Deco Mesh Wreath
By using dissimilar hues and tints of the same color, you can give your deco mesh wreath extra oomph.
Materials You Will Need:
- A light blue deco mesh
- A medium blue deco mesh
- A decorated deco mesh roll
- A 19-inch wire wreath form
- A bundle of light blue chenille stems
- Light blue craft paint
- Several ribbons and embellishments
- Start by painting your wreath form in a light blue color so that the base doesn’t show from under the deco mesh. After that, take elongated shards of chenille stems and equally place 7 strips around the external ring of the wreath form and bend these strips into V-form and hot glue the junction of the V to set it in place.
- In this step, place your chenille stems alternatively into the inner circle of the wreath. Start to place your mesh parting a foot of the tail end moveable and make safe the first knot of the outer ring. You need to create a large, fluffy pleat and secure its end at the next chenille stems on the outer ring.
- Repeat this step up until you have got a furry circle around the external edge of your wreath form. You should also repeat this process for your inner ring.
- Now, you have a basic form of your wreath. You can also get imaginative with your knitting by making pleats between the internal and external circles alternatingly.
- At last, you can add some accessories of your liking such as teddy bears, small ornaments, and ribbons.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can make two different types of beautiful deco mesh wreaths. You can find a reliable wedding and craft product supplier for buying tulle fabric, organza fabric, burlap ribbon, deco mesh ribbon, chair cover, tablecloth, and many others at reasonable prices.