Tulle is one of the most beautiful fabrics that come with a fairy tale aura. You can use this net fabric for making an outstanding table skirt to add a little fun and a touch of elegance to your party. It will help to make a birthday party livelier, a baby shower sweeter, and a wedding ceremony eye-catchy and more memorable.
Whatever your party theme or the venue color scheme, you can easily make a tulle table skirt to match your event's décor and aesthetic. You can also find this net fabric in a pattern that will make your project more aesthetic. Below, I’m going to share some tips to make beautiful tulle table skirts.
Sew Tulle Table Skirt
Materials That You Will Need:
- One 6-inch rolls of tulle fabric
- Grosgrain, velvet, or satin ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Start by cutting about 3 dozen pieces of tulle using scissors. And make sure each must be about 24-inches long that depend on the measurement between the floor and the top portion of the table.
- After that, cut a piece of ribbon just a bit longer than the circumstance of the tabletop.
- Put the ribbon horizontally and apply various dots of hot glue to the underneath portion of the ribbon.
- Then crease the end of one of the lengths of tulle and attach it to the ribbon. Repeat this process with all pieces of tulle and leave it to dry.
- And tie the ribbon at an angle to finish the ends.
- Then wrap the ribbons around the edge of the table and put hot glue on the outer portion of one end of the ribbon for attaching the other end of the ribbon.
- At last, you will see your table is surrounded by streamers of tulle.
- No-Sew Tulle Table Skirt
Start Off With Gathering Materials:
- 4-6 rolls of 6-Inch tulle (based on your table size and also on your opinion)
- Elastic for fitting the edge of the table
- Safety pins
- Cardboard sheets
- A base tablecloth
- First, put the base of your tablecloth and measure the edges with the elastic band. The fit of your base tablecloths should be tight and snug. After getting the proper fit, add safety pins to the end of the elastic to hold securely. And also use safety pins to each corner of your table or the opposite points of the table if you are using a round table.
- Then start to create tulle pieces by unwinding rolls on the cardboard piece based on the length of the table skirt that you want to hang. Keep on twisting until the roll is finished.
- When your cardboard is full of tulle, cut the tulle on one of the ends that will leave a quantity of tulle, which is the preferred length of your table skirt.
- Repeat the process with all your tulle and colors. And based on the size of your table and your personal choice, you may require more rolls.
- After cutting all of your tulle rolls, tie each piece onto the elastic with a slip knot. And fold your tulle pieces in half and slip the fabric under the elastic of your table. If you want a fuller table skirt, take more than one piece at a time. To get a classy and sophisticated look, you can use one pink piece and one lavender or white piece.
- Then pull the loop over the piece of elastic and slide the rest of your tulle.
- After tying your tulle onto the elastic, repeat the process to reach your way all around the table. If the tulle gets heavy for the elastic, use a safety pin to provide support to the weight.
By following the above-mentioned steps you will be able to make two different types of tulle table skirts. You can use them at your wedding, birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or many other functions to make your table decoration gorgeous. And if you want to make your craft pocket-friendly, grab all items such as tulle fabric, ribbons, satin, spandex tablecloths, grosgrain, and many others from a wholesale fabric supplier.